Surly Ice Cream Truck Adventure Bike 26" Wheel
The Ice Cream Truck goes where most other bikes can’t. Snow, rocks, mud, sand — you name it, and chances are, someone has ridden it on an Ice Cream Truck. Don’t let that terrain-crawling ability fool you into thinking the Ice Cream Truck is slow and sluggish, though. A long top tube (best paired with a short stem) and short stays make it trail-approved and ready to rip. And with 4.8” tires on 100mm rims, “trail” is relative. Show a snowman who’s boss, ride through a sand castle — all while riding the perfect get-away vehicle. Or you can stick to riding terrain that won’t ruin a child’s day.
It all starts with our proprietary ED-coated 4130 CroMoly steel. ED coating is a process that provides a solid foundation for paint externally while adding a layer of corrosion protection internally. ED coating goes a long way, but we still recommend using an additional treatment like Frame Saver or Boeshield.
The Ice Cream Truck’s frame is symmetrically-spaced at 190mm and features our MDS dropout system, so you have the option of running a 197mm thru-axle, 190mm geared or a single speed rear end. Each frameset comes with all three MDS chips so you can choose your own adventure, while the complete bike build comes with only the Shimano direct mount, 197mm thru-axle chips. A 132mm wide PressFit 41 bottom bracket allowed us to play with the stays a bit more and move them a little further out, creating a much stiffer rear end. If you feel like swapping out the included suspension-corrected, straight blade fork, you’ll have plenty of options thanks to the Ice Cream Truck’s 44mm headtube.
In a world full of uncertainties, there’s one thing you can count on: Ice Cream Truck will really take you places. At least when it comes to riding a bike — it can’t do much to help you fix the rest of your life.
- Frame: 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel
- Fork: 4130 CroMoly.
- Headset: Cane Creek 40, ZS44/EC44
- Handlebar: Answer ProTaper
- Stem: HL 4 bolt 31.8mm
- Saddle: WTB Volt
- Seatpost: HL SP-218 2 bolt 30.9
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore FD-M616D
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano SLX RD-M675-D
- Gear Levers: Shimano Deore SL-M610
- Chain: KMC x10RB
- Crankset: Surly O.D., 22/36t
- Cassette: Microshift 11/36
- Bottom Bracket: Surly Press Fit BB
- Brake Levers: SRAM Level T
- Brakes: SRAM Level T
- Rims: Surly My Other Brother Darryl
- Hubs: Salsa 150x15 front, 197x12 rear
- Tyres: Surly Bud & Lou, 4.8", 120tpi
- Colour: Banana Candy Yellow